speed camera/red light alert...

Hi guys,

my first post and a new owner of 910...
been very happy all round but same problem keeps coming back...
since new alerts worked fine... two weeks later it stopped (camera sign shows up and flashes but no alert)... i connected it to my comp, updated and it worked fine again... few days later same problem... i don't know why as i didn't change a thing... now i know all i have to do is do an update and all good but a bit painful as i keep it in the car at all times plus going to Europe on holiday and wont be able to do updates if it happens again...

any help is welcomed...

THANKS AND CHEERS

pedro thanks mate but page not displaying anything all day...
any other help? do you know what is cosing this problem?

Thanks

Do you have the custom poi alert installed on your unit?
Im sure the POI is enable under your POI enable/disable POIs. Also make sure the "only on route" option is UNCHECKED.

Do you have the custom poi alert installed on your unit?
Im sure the POI is enable under your POI enable/disable POIs. Also make sure the "only on route" option is UNCHECKED.

Thanks Pedro,

no custom poi's alerts installed, which Poi do u mean is enable? when i go to
enable/disable pois only a list of poi category is there...
also where can i find "only on route" option? looked everywhere...:mad:

thanks heaps for ur help

ps also do u know why i can not access "add safety camera" and "enable report button" options?

Last edited:
Report Safety Camera Button goes gray

So Pedro, What is the Report Safety Camera Button is for then ?
It is not a regular POI, as you describe which I have resoughted to, but some special feature which appears & disappears randoly on my 720

Any ideas on why my Report Safety Camera Button has suddenly gone gray ? What triggers it to be active ?
It was working when I got the new GO720 last week & then a few days later it goes gray .
Any idea what triggers it to appear as an option in the Quick Menu & then disappears off it ????

Thanks

:cool:

The report Safety Camera is TomTom's Speed Camera service. It is not available in the states, so I have not used it.
Regular custom POIs are .ov2 files that are stored in your map folder.
The speed cameras are also stored in the map folder but they are not .ov2 files.

Have you done anything different to you 720? Perhaps update the map or navcore?
You can try a pin reset or using the flash tool to see if it comes back.

Grayed "Report Safety Camera" Button

When I got the unit 11/11 it looked like attached & then when I have loaded several POIs on 21 Nov It is like the second attachement
If I put all the traffic files @ 11/11 back . The only difference is traffic.inc. When put all back as it was, there is still no change.
Any idea what flags the icon to be on ?
Thanks for your help

:cool:

Attachments

• Speed Camera fines 11-11-08.jpg
    Speed Camera fines 11-11-08.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 448
  • Speed Camera fines 21-11-08.jpg
    Speed Camera fines 21-11-08.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 550

Ask a Question