delete destination

Hi, when trying to delete a destination, it appears that the only option is to delete all recent destinations. Is this the case or is there a way to delete only a selected destination? thanks.

I've asked this same question in the past....

Hi, when trying to delete a destination, it appears that the only option is to delete all recent destinations. Is this the case or is there a way to delete only a selected destination? thanks.

....and never did get an answer.

I would like to delete previous destinations but not all of them but that does not seem to be an option. It's all or none.....unfortunately.

In the long run it may be better to make a new POI and then save Recent destinations to it.
With Tyre it is easy to rename them.

Thanks for the info. I suspected that was the case. I would be interested to know how to "save destination to POI folder"

Thanks for the info. I suspected that was the case. I would be interested to know how to "save destination to POI folder"

The second I clicked "Submit Reply" yesterday, I knew you or someone else would ask that question!
Do you realise what you are doing to me! I had to get "Jane" (TT 930) out of the glove box in SWMBO's van, put it in the cradle, fire up HOME (2.3.1.92) and try it again to make sure that I do not give any wrong advice. (Actually, I meant to do that for the last few days as I had wiped out my "Recent destination" recently when I tried to delete just one wrong entry.)

Make a new POI category. (Don't worry about making ANY mistakes as any category can be deleted with a few clicks.)
Click on center icon in opening screen.
Click "Change preferences".
Click on 'right arrow' icon until you see "Manage POIs".
Click on it.
Click on "Add POI category".
Type in a name for that personal category. (I use Aaa_NA to get it to the top of the POI lists.)
Click "OK".
Select (use up/down arrows) a marker, wait 'til screen changes.
You now have the option to click "Done" or "Warn when near POI".
(This can be done any time in the future as it applies to ALL POIs.) latter. For now, try it.)
Screen will open 'Warn when closer than:' accept the default 250 m or pick your own.
Click "OK".
Select a sound form this screen (turn on computer sound first).
If you don't like it, at 'Is this the sound you want to select?' click "NO" and select another one or record your own.
Click "Yes".
If you want, put a [v] check mark at 'Warn only if POI is en route'
Click "DONE"

You have now set up a new category. Make as many as you would like (memory permitting).

Carry on at that screen to move a "Recent destination" to your new POI, or start from fresh by:
Click on center icon in opening screen.
Click "Change preferences".
Click on 'right arrow' icon until you see "Manage POIs".
Click on it.
Click on "Add POI".
Click on your personal POI category (hopefully you put it in the top of the alphabet as you will use it often).
Click "Recent destination".
Click on the destination you want to save.
Click on "OK".
Enter a phone number (or something numeric you like to save).
Click "OK".
Click "Done".

You are done.
--
Cheers,
Arno

Last edited:
Wow! That is impressive. I am eternally grateful, both for the speed of the reply and your itemised detail. Thank you so much.
We are performing a comedy show tonight, but first thing tomorrow, I will put my 74 year old brain to work on this.

Wow! That is impressive. I am eternally grateful, both for the speed of the reply and your itemised detail. Thank you so much.

You are very welcome. Let me know if that worked for you.

The listings in the .ov2 (POI) files are not alphabetical but by distance from current location. That is not very helpful when you just convert addresses.
After listing all my addresses for my UK trip in a new personal POI I had problems finding some locations as I had to enter intersections or other items that did not help.
Since coming back someone told me about Tyre which I did not get to run to make maps (It insists on Google Earth instead of the separate icon for Google Maps).
I however made good use of it after I had the addresses in the POI. Open Tyre (after installation it becomes a drop down in HOME), open file and double click on yourpoi.ov2 file. You can now select Rename and, in front of the street address enter the name of the place or person and save. Tyre keeps the co-ordinate location in a different spot than the alphabetical address so you can type anything in the street address line.
Advantage is that you now can make a fast search for what you called the location, as it will be the first word after the listed mileage.

Give it a try after you got your POI set the way you want it. For that it is rather intuitive.
--
Good luck,
Arno

Ask a Question