920T + blackberry 8310

I am using a 920T and a blackberry 8310 and have subscribed to TOMTOM plus Traffic services. I use a MAC using OSX 10.5.1. I have successfully paired the phone and the TOMTOM via bluetooth but am unable to establish a wireless connection to get upto date traffic reports and speed camera info. Does anyone know enough to let me have a step by step guide on how to do this please.

many thanks

I am using a 920T and a blackberry 8310 and have subscribed to TOMTOM plus Traffic services. I use a MAC using OSX 10.5.1. I have successfully paired the phone and the TOMTOM via bluetooth but am unable to establish a wireless connection to get upto date traffic reports and speed camera info. Does anyone know enough to let me have a step by step guide on how to do this please.

many thanks

im in the same boat as you. ive been trying everything to get it to work, but no luck. People reccomended I downgrad to 4.2.1.66 and media max on my phone, did that, and still no dice. i'm about ready to give up.

many thanks

if you are on verizon, remember you need a data plan and teathering
I posted this before and got it to work here it is again. "A" is most important and of coarse pairing is also important
A) confirm you have a data plan with verizon
B) pair the TomTom with your phone bluetooth wise
C) follow the following

1. Phone selection - other
2. Carrier selection - other
3. Access point - vzw3g
4. username - (phone number)@vzw3g.com
5. password - vzw
6. number to dial - #777 (delete what this window shows on the tomtom and put the #777in)
7.use DHCP auto
8. DNS auto
9. No scripts left blank for logon script

this should make the connection, test it to find weather information.
If you fail to make the traffic connection, you will have to call totom, and they will re-set your account (I had to do this). then all works fine.
If you have an unlimitted data plan, if is simply fantastic, much better than the antenna

The one sugestion I can make, is that do not let the tomtom update your route automatically to avoid traffic. I use it in Washington DC alot, and it simply goes crazy with updates at rush hour.

All i can say is that it is simply fantastic

920 and 920T

I posted this before and got it to work here it is again. "A" is most important and of coarse pairing is also important
A) confirm you have a data plan with verizon
B) pair the TomTom with your phone bluetooth wise
C) follow the following

3. Access point - vzw3g
4. username - (phone number)@vzw3g.com
5. password - vzw
6. number to dial - #777 (delete what this window shows on the tomtom and put the #777in)
7.use DHCP auto
8. DNS auto
9. No scripts left blank for logon script

this should make the connection, test it to find weather information.
If you fail to make the traffic connection, you will have to call totom, and they will re-set your account (I had to do this). then all works fine.
If you have an unlimitted data plan, if is simply fantastic, much better than the antenna

The one sugestion I can make, is that do not let the tomtom update your route automatically to avoid traffic. I use it in Washington DC alot, and it simply goes crazy with updates at rush hour.

All i can say is that it is simply fantastic

I have been using TomTom on my Treo 700p for awhile now. I'll be getting a blackberry 8830 on Verizon. I just ordered a Tomtom 920. It was my understanding that the only difference was that the 920T includes the external antenna. Am I correct or is the antenna internal on the 920T? Will Bluetooth traffic work on the 920?

I posted this before and got it to work here it is again.

I'm on T-mobile with a blackberyy curve. When I go into the tomtom website for phones that are compatible for wireless data etc the 8310 is not listed. I've paired the phone and the 920T and can use the phone through the 920T but can't get the wireless data connected. If I understand their website correctly the Blackberry simply isn't a supported phone (at least not with T-mobile). Am I wrong? Would love to be. Would appreciate anyone who know differently. thx.

I have been using TomTom on my Treo 700p for awhile now. I'll be getting a blackberry 8830 on Verizon. I just ordered a Tomtom 920. It was my understanding that the only difference was that the 920T includes the external antenna. Am I correct or is the antenna internal on the 920T? Will Bluetooth traffic work on the 920?

Only diff. is the external RDS-TMC antenna in the box.

I have an 8830 from Sprint. I selected Cingular and it works fine for the TomTom Plus services over my data plan. Unfortunately it's telling me my traffic subscription is expired and then disables it. :(

contact TT Support
1 866 486 6866 (available 8:30AM to 7:00PM EST Mon - Fri and 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST Saturdays)

Phone connected to TomTom but TT doesn't see it

My 8830 for Verizon came in yesterday with the tethering plan enabled. My phone shows that the 8830 is paired but the TT says it is not. Any ideas?

Thanks.

UPDATE: My 8830 wasn't set to discover! Everything working now.

Last edited:
My 8830 for Verizon came in yesterday with the tethering plan enabled. My phone shows that the 8830 is paired but the TT says it is not. Any ideas?

Thanks.

UPDATE: My 8830 wasn't set to discover! Everything working now.

So you get Traffic data? No problems?

What settings did you use?

I guess I can get a FREE month of tethering so I may give it a try but then, again, I don't want to get spoiled and add yet another monthly bill ($$$)

So you get Traffic data? No problems?

What settings did you use?

I guess I can get a FREE month of tethering so I may give it a try but then, again, I don't want to get spoiled and add yet another monthly bill ($$$)

I used the same settings that are on another Verizon thread in this forum. I did have to call Tom Tom customer support to get them to re-set my account.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=5018

UK issues...

I'm running an 8310 on o2 in the UK, and can get handsfree workking but no data for traffic... please help with info if you can?

I have a sanyo scp8400 with a Sprint data plan and here is how I set it up:

3. Access point - LEAVE THIS BLANK
4. username - LEAVE THIS BLANK
5. password - LEAVE THIS BLANK
6. number to dial - #777 (delete what this window shows on the tomtom and put the #777 in)
7.use DHCP auto
8. DNS auto
9. No scripts left blank for logon script LEAVE THIS BLANK
========

I have an 8830 from Sprint. I selected Cingular and it works fine for the TomTom Plus services over my data plan. Unfortunately it's telling me my traffic subscription is expired and then disables it. :(

I posted this before and got it to work here it is again.

I'm on T-mobile with a blackberyy curve. ....

Try these settings for T-Mobile. Make sure that you write down the current settings before you change it.

1. Access point - *99#internet2.voicestream.com
2. username - LEAVE THIS BLANK
3. password - LEAVE THIS BLANK
4. number to dial - LEAVE THIS BLANK
5.use DHCP auto
6. DNS auto
7. No scripts left blank for logon script LEAVE THIS BLANK

I am not sure about the Phone and Carrier selection, play with those a bit.

A quick question, With GO920T, I thought you were meant to use ?RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver? since RDS-TMC (using Radio Data System and Traffic Message Channel) ships with GO920T?

BB8310 is an AT&T Phone:
Regarding wireless connection, your Blackberry 8310 is an AT&T phone based on model number. Below is how my (AT&T) BB 8800 worked with wireless connection. Please refer to my prior post on this issue below.
https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=7713

I have a official BB, what is tethering plan? I believe the data plan is unlimited, would the traffic work if my account is active?

Ask a Question